Tuesday, June 28

Making cards happen (Part 2: Charity ideas)

For my cards, I think I want to have certain charities paired with certain cards. Here are some categories of photography subjects and some related charities that came to mind:

Nature:
The Nature Conservancy
The Arbor Day Foundation
Tim DeChristopher Legal Defense Fund

People:
Unicef
Doctors Without Borders
FilmAid International
something to do with health care and something to do with education...

Abstract:
Artist residencies, like La Muse, the one I went to in 2007
There are also organizations like Artist Trust of Washington State, which help support artists.

Maybe I could donate to a scholarship fund as well...Hmm, I must do more research (and start earning money from my art). More to come...

Note: Here is the website for American Institute of Philanthrophy, a charity watchdog organization, the director of which was interviewed in a 60 Minutes piece about the Three Cups of Tea author and his organization. (Related link: "The best way to help children in Afghanistan and Pakistan")


No comments:

Copyright © Kara Q. Lewis 2007-2013





"You can't force things. If you do you are lost." - Henri Cartier-Bresson (translated)
“It’s been a slow growth, but extremely fun for me,” he says. “For me, it’s about expanding and working from a place of joy. If I can enjoy what I do, and make new art that inspires me, everything will work out for the best.” - Mason Jennings
"We are nourished by studying the past, though we must also be fully involved with the moment." - Cartier-Bresson

Intellectual Property